• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired after getting hurt on the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

James121400

i was injured on the job on 12/14/00. I live in louisiana . i have been thru 10 back surgeys and now i have been fired from my job because i didn't return to work in less than one year. is this legal?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not enough info to say. I don't know Louisiana W/C law - you might want to check with the W/C agency in your state. But I don't know of any state where the employer is required to hold your job for you indefinitely.

Depending on your state laws, it might be that they can legally term you at this point, but will have to allow you to reapply when you are ready to return to work. But the state W/C agency will be able to walk you through that as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">