• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired while on Worker's Comp?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RMurphree

I was hurt at work on 1May2001 while working for the Copperas Cove Independent School District in Texas. Although I am still currently being treated for the injuries via WC I was also put on the FMLA program as requesed by my employer. Today I received a letter telling me that my FML is over on the 24th of July and that my job will become vacant at that time.

I have also gotten a statement from the school which I was told I had to sign (which I did sign) that states that I understand that I can't receive unemployment compensation during school holidays, including summer break. This is in light of the fact that I do work for the school system all summer and all year long regardless.

Should I see a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">