• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foot injury at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aubum

What is the name of your state? CA.

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic, injuried my foot when a heavy object got away from me and it fractored my foot, it tweeked my back and my shoulder when I tried to push the object away.

Now my question!

I went to the company Dr. and they took x-rays and said nothing broken. Soaked my foot for three days and sent me back to work. The swelling won't go down and my back and shoulder kept hurting pretty bad. After working for two more month's, they finally did an M.R.I. and found that my foot had been fractored and had a non-union healing, they then put me on temp total disability.

Now, after 6 months of being disabled, they now want to do surgery to my foot to correct the non-union problem with my foot, but the don't want to do anything about my shoulder, which has increased in pain all the way to my neck. They say that the Insurance carrier has refused treatment for it.

If they mis-diagnoist my foot, couldn't they have mis-diagnoist my shoulder problem cause it might be a neck injury? How can I clear this up with the Dr. and insurance carrier?

Thanks for any advice..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">