• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to drive further

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blessings7

I fell hurt my back on the floor in September working with one my Autistic students. I'm on light duty and traveling 44 miles to my assignment and they want me to go further an extra 5 miles with more traffic and delays. I told them my back is in pain already driving to this assignment and my car is having issues as well. I told them I couldn't do that and if I can stay there or closer, since thrn I have been threatened by workers comp people and the case manager was just assigned to me told me she was calling to get me in to see the doctor before Monday (which that is my appointment day), the doctor spoke to her and people at my job saying that I would be okay with the extra mileage, my question is what are my options and what should I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I fell hurt my back on the floor in September working with one my Autistic students. I'm on light duty and traveling 44 miles to my assignment and they want me to go further an extra 5 miles with more traffic and delays. I told them my back is in pain already driving to this assignment and my car is having issues as well. I told them I couldn't do that and if I can stay there or closer, since thrn I have been threatened by workers comp people and the case manager was just assigned to me told me she was calling to get me in to see the doctor before Monday (which that is my appointment day), the doctor spoke to her and people at my job saying that I would be okay with the extra mileage, my question is what are my options and what should I do?
It is unlikely that 5 extra miles will be considered unreasonable, particularly when your doctor gave the ok. You will want to talk to the doctor...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">