• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Future Complications from Eye injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mickmo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

Hello,
I was hit in the eye a few weeks ago at work. I was taken to the ER and diagnosed with a scratched cornea and Hyphema (bleeding in the eye). One week of bed rest and I was back to work the following week. (5 missed work days, payed with my sick bank).
My eye is still a bit blurry but they said this should clear. It's been 3 weeks now. However, there is now an increased likelihood of developing cataracts and/or glaucoma in the future. This could be 3 months or 10 years. Do I have any rights at this point for future possible complications?
Thank you

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

Hello,
I was hit in the eye a few weeks ago at work. I was taken to the ER and diagnosed with a scratched cornea and Hyphema (bleeding in the eye). One week of bed rest and I was back to work the following week. (5 missed work days, payed with my sick bank).
My eye is still a bit blurry but they said this should clear. It's been 3 weeks now. However, there is now an increased likelihood of developing cataracts and/or glaucoma in the future. This could be 3 months or 10 years. Do I have any rights at this point for future possible complications?
Thank you
You were severely injured at work, probably with lasting damage.

You should consult with a workers comp attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">