• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to gburbea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A year ago i had a stoke when i arrived to my school where i was supposed to teach.
i was taken by an ambulance to a near by hospital and i was injected with the tee injection to bomb the stoke which saved my life.
the school hired an attorney to reject my work compensation suit and she came to my ask as though to help me and eventually my compensation claim was rejected even before i filed the claim.
my question is whether i am entitled to any compensation if it does not involve a fall or an accident in the principal office but because of attacked by a stoke in the school?
i am asking the question a year after the incident and also i talked freely with the school attorney who ensured that work compensation board would give a verdict against my benefit as though to help me.

Somehow or other you managed to lock your thread so that no one could respond.

Having a stroke AT work does not mean that your stroke was CAUSED BY work. Workers comp is only available for illnesses or injuries that were CAUSED BY your employment. The burden of proof is on you/your attorney to show that the primary cause of your stroke was your employment. Failing that, workers comp is not available to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">