• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting bilked on second income loss.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

walknwounded

Michigan.

I work for a major retail store, we shall not names..but lets use a fake name..hmmm Wallyworld.

I got hurt at work over 3 months ago. I was working 3 jobs at the time. Was full time at Wallyworld and taught at a college part time one day a week, and picked up extra hours at another job on a as needed basis.

Well I make almost triple at my college job per hour than I do at Wallyworld.
Yet when I was unable to work my one scheduled day at the college, I only managed to get a whopping $5 from workman compensation. To me it didn't seem right. Since when is a work week 7 days?? I thought the general work week is 5 business days or 40 hours.

They gave me the run around. Also, when I was close to being off for 14 days in a row, they called the doctor and pursuaded him after he had already sent me home, to place me on "light restrictions" and able to go to work. This is 5 hours after he had seen me and declared I shouldn't work!

so I was called at home and ordered to return to work per "dr orders".

I am also being treated coldly by management, and denied access to any job openings while I am on partial disability status.

A couple of the lower management has also been talking with a couple associates alleging I am "acting". Yet I have seen 3 different doctors, in 2 different cities, and they all agree it is a real injury.

My questions are : What remedy do I have for my situation? And how do they calculate a 3.5 hour once a week wage from a second income? the case manager told me they have to multiply by number of weeks, then divide that by 7 days. To me that doesn't sound right. I make around $19 an hour at this other job and only around $7 an hour at Wallyworld.
So where is this person coming up with a compensated weekly rate of $5 for my second job?????

Signed Frustrated Walking wounded at Wallyworld

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">