• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got in a wreck while on the clock..doing their business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mellomann

Tennessee.

I was leaving one office at my job to go and drop off checks at another when i had an auto accident. Even though it did not happen inside the plant, I had to fill out an accident report. I did not get injured, but if I did the workers comp would have taken care of it for me.

My BIG question is are they responsible for my vehicle as well? Its almost totaled and I did not have insurance..

Beth3

Worker's compensation would have covered any injuries you had but not your vehicle - that's your responsibility. It's not your employer's fault that you don't have auto insurance. If another driver was at fault for the accident, you may have some recourse against him/her for the damages you incurred.

mellomann

Beth3 said:
Worker's compensation would have covered any injuries you had but not your vehicle - that's your responsibility. It's not your employer's fault that you don't have auto insurance. If another driver was at fault for the accident, you may have some recourse against him/her for the damages you incurred.

Of course its not their fault that I did not have auto insurance, I was just pointing that out. However, my comany wants a copy of the police report. I think they are going to help me out with the damages to my car anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">