• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is he entitled to a settlement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandi5692

? My husband and I are apartment managers. One evening we went to the apartment complex to do a lock change at at unit (which the owner instructed for us to do). While my husband was doing the lock change he was assualted by a tenant/former apartment manager that was being evicted. The former tenant/apt manager punched him in the face and broke his jaw in two places. My husband was on worker's comp for about 1 1/2 mo. He had to had his jaw wired shut. We found out later that the former apartment manager was on parole and has a criminal history. To top it off, my husband has to go back in july to get his jaw refractured and the doctor have to place metal plates in his jaw to correct the problem. All he was given for this incident was 1 1/2 mo of workers comp. Is my husband entitled to anything more? This incident happend in December 2009 and he will have to have another surgery in July 2010. We live in California. What should we do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">