• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hearing loss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joewilshire

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois, but worked in Missouri

My ex-employer was fined by OSHA for numerous violations including not keeping up on employess anual hearing tests. After OSHA's findings, the employer did have tests.

My test indicated a substantial loss of hearing. I was given a follow up test and it re-confirmed the previous test.

There were tests previous made by the employer but went by the way-side for several years. I was never told to seek medical attention.

The employer just reminded me to where hearing protection...which I always did.

I have also since my employment, seen a phsician and continue to have a hearing loss.

Do I have a possible claim? The last employment at this job was March of 2007. Thank you.

NLW

Your claim would be handled under the laws of MO as your exposure occurred in MO. Hearing loss is a covered benefit under workers compensation - you can read the law here:

Section 287-420 Written notice of injury to be given to

You need to report this right away, as there are time limitations. You should contact your old employer to report a claim. If they are uncooperative, you can also request claim forms from the Department of Labor by calling (800) 775-2667.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">