• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with L and I

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

driver84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Long story short. . .I was hurt on the job (herniated disc L4, L5) last July. Initially the doctor my employer sent me to had me go to chiro and massage, and then to PT. I wasn't getting better, so they referred me to a different MD. He ordered a MRI and that is when we found it was a herniated disc. I went to PT, but not really good results. They now have me in work conditioning and they want to move me into work hardening. However, I have been having debilitating headaches for over a month now and the work conditioning seems to be making them worse. They feel like migraines, but I know it's coming from my neck. The MD I'm seeing only seems to want to prescribe pain meds.

Today I called my case manager to see if I could go back to the chiro. She said "no, we don't do that. Chiro is only for the early stages of the injury and the headaches are probably unrelated." Which I know through the grapevine to be untrue. I just feel like they are not adressing my issues at all and trying to push me through this work conditioning which is making me feel worse.

So I wanted to know. . .what are my rights as far as changing doctors. . and is it time to call an attorney?

TIA

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">