• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with my unemployment appeals?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gigsaw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Can someone help me write my appeal letter for EDD?
I'm currently taking 12 units at Cal state long beach as an psychology undergraduate student.

I've been denied for my CTB (california training benefits). So now I need someone to help me write an appeals letters.

Here is exactly what the letter states:

You are not eligible for the California Training Benefits (CTB) program on the California Unemployment Insurance Code (CUIC) section 1269.1D

The training does not meet the criteria for an approved educational or vocational training program. Therefore, your training does not meet the provisions of section 1269.1(D) of the CUIC. Section 1269.1(D) provides the training or retraining course of instruction is one approved by the director and can be completed within a reasonable period of time.

You are not eligible for a Training Extension (TE) on the California unemployment insurance code (CUIC) section 1271A.

Although you met requirements of CUIC 1271(A) for TE benefits, a TE claim cannot be filed because you do not qualify for the CTB program under section 1269.1D of the CUIC. Therefore you do not meet the provisions of section 1271(A) of the CUIC. Section 1271A provides any unemployed individual receiving unemployment compensation benefits who applies for or inquires about a determination of potential eligibility for the CTB program no later than the 16th week of his or her receiving these benefits and is determined eligible for the CTB program, is entitled to a training extension on his or her unemployment compensation claim, if necessary, to complete CTB approved training.

Appeal:

You have the right to file at an appeal if you do not agree with all or part of this decision

To appeal, you must do the following:

A) Complete the enclosed appeal form (DE1000M) or write a letter stating that you want to appeal this decision. If you write a letter to appeal, explain the reason why do you do not agree with the department's decision. Write your Social Security number on each document you submit to the department (Title 22 California code of regulations (CCR), section 5008).

B. Mailed the DE1000M or your letter to the address of the office listed on their first page of this decision.

C. File your appeal within 20 days of the mail date of this notice.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You've left out a crucial piece of information here as well as in the other forum where you posted it. I ask you again here, as I did there; what part of the decision do you believe is incorrect?

gigsaw

Im not an expert at writing appeals. Can someone write me a letter?

I disagree that that I don't qualify for the CTB program when I do think I qualify for it. Basically that's it, I don't know what else to say and that is why I'm on this forum in the first place. So if someone else can just write something for me is all that matters. I don't care what it is, as long as it looks decent enough is good by me

racer72

Im not an expert at writing appeals. Can someone write me a letter?

I disagree that that I don't qualify for the CTB program when I do think I qualify for it. Basically that's it, I don't know what else to say and that is why I'm on this forum in the first place. So if someone else can just write something for me is all that matters. I don't care what it is, as long as it looks decent enough is good by me
Writing appeals for others is not the purpose of this forum. You have to have a reason to appeal, a basic disagreement with the decision is not enough.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. We will not write the letter for you. Not noways, not nohow.

But, as again I have told you elsewhere, you will need to explain WHY you think you qualify for it if you expect any kind of help whatsoever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">