• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baalhamls

What is the name of your state? Texas

I work for a large company who is a non-subscriber to the Texas Workers Compensation Act and does not provide workers compensation insurance benefits.

I injured my back in June 2002 and have had 3 lower back surgeries and been on light duty since that time. Yesterday the doctor informed me that I will be unable to return to my regular job because of lifting restrictions. The company has paid my medical expenses and wages since the work injury but now they are saying that I will have to take another job within the company and accept the pay that goes with the new job. This will mean a substantial decrease in pay.

Is there a way out of this dilemma because as a single parent of 3 children (one with severe disabilities) I cannot afford to take a cut in pay.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Lynn

Beth3

Even in States where having WC insurance is mandatory, if an employee has reached "end of healing" and is no longer able to perform his/her job, the employer may offer available work the employee is qualified to perform and at the rate of pay associated with that job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">