• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with w/c information??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlee19841

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

How long will u be receiving workman's comp weekly payments. Before they send out a settlement offer letter? Also When u settle what does that mean? Can u return to work? will they still pay for your medical bills?

thanks a ton

commentator

I assume u are off work, and have been for at least 7 days, are now receiving the weekly WC payments.

There is typically no discussion of settlement until you have reached MMI, which is Maximum Medical Improvement. This is determined by the doctor.

At MMI you will be released from the doctor's care. If you are able to return to work, at this point, there is the potential, depending on your injury, for a PPD (which is Partial Permanent Disability) settlement. The amount of this settlement would be determined after you have reached your MMI. It is determined by your doctor's rating and by a state schedule. (This is why there is a fallacy in the advertising of those daytime t.v. attorneys who promise to "get you more.") You would get a one time settlement and be back at work.

If you are unable to return to your job at all, it usually indicates that it is a more serious injury. The same process will apply, and you will be able to get a fixed amount settlement based on these ratings and schedules, and WC will also be paying "future medical" for this particular condition.

We'd need a lot more specifics to give you a more specific answer. Like what is the injury, how long have you been off?

pattytx

If you're considering or even thinking about a settlement, you need an attorney to represent your interests.

mlee19841

The job I was injured at was a manufacting plant. Lifting 50 pound bags for a eight hour shift. All day every day, I have been out since the first of march. I have a herniated disc n 3 bulging disc. Any info is good info thanks. Btw what is mmi does that mean the best ur body will be since having the injury?

Last edited:

commentator

Exactly. As good as it is going to get, your having had this injury. This is done after all the recommended treatments, therapies, etc. when it is believed that this is as good as it is going to get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">