• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit by truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nocaljunior

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

im asking in behalf of a friend who was hit by a truck while working on the ground by a electrical box, sorta like a manhole. He only had cones around him. While he was sitting on the ground a truck came up behind him and pushed him foward like his head to his feet, driver didnt know anyone was there and started to accelerate the gas, at the same time my friend was hitting the trucks bumper yelling, she backed up and my friend got up in shock wobbled to a nearby fence, while holding on the fence he called a supervisor to come by for help, he denied any ambulance and was sent over to a clinic provided by the job, did an xray and no broken bones, but he has back pains and chest pains, the clinic said hes still ok to go back to work even tho hes in pain, he has dr. appts and treatment, but can only take them on his personal time, he feels his job is not treating him right and making it out like this is his fault. He has info on driver, but no police report.
Can he sue driver, his job, or is he out of luck?

thanks for any advice

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He cannot sue his employer.

Is the driver of the truck employed by the same employer as he?

nocaljunior

no, driver dosnt work at same place.

he feels his work didnt provide him enough safety materials, the cones he had was real small.

thanks

ecmst12

He can sue the driver/owner of the truck, and he can file a workers comp claim, but he can't collect the same money from both places. He really needs to talk to a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">