• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get compensated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pittman81

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Back in March I was driving my company truck when I hydro-planed and rolled my semi. Upon rolling the truck I ended up in the hospital with a broken back and a few other minor injuries. I have had no problems with receiving my workmans comp checks or getting my continued medical care but how do I initiate the process of the settlement? Is there steps I need to take to get the process started?

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Back in March I was driving my company truck when I hydro-planed and rolled my semi. Upon rolling the truck I ended up in the hospital with a broken back and a few other minor injuries. I have had no problems with receiving my workmans comp checks or getting my continued medical care but how do I initiate the process of the settlement? Is there steps I need to take to get the process started?
Are you suing your employer?

pittman81

No I am not suing my employer, however since the accident they have terminated me and have closed down. I am very new to all of this and dont know what steps are next.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You have reached the point where you need to be in touch with a workers comp attorney, who can help you sort it all out.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And with that one post, MM has proven he knows nothing about workers comp claims. With the w/c carrier, of course. There doesn't have to be a lawsuit for there to be a settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">