• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how does WC works?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

areem

how does WC work?

What is the name of your state? GA
I got injured and fractured the foot while going home after clocking out from the job. I was still on the premises of the job place, just beside the curb, I fell on my knee. I did check with management next day and Ops. manager helped me fill out WC paperwork. I received one copy of acknowledgement from WC but not heard anything after that. I was on my personal unpaid leave just after this happened. The personal leave has nothing to do with this injury. The unpaid leave of 4 weeks was requested well in advance but when I returned from leave I was terminated with false accuse of Leaving without GM's permission. How does WC work? I had to go to Doctor for treatment and follow up several visits for X-ray etc to check the progress of healing of fractured bone .
What are possiblities? what are my options? Now with my insurance gone, I cannot go to the same doctor because I have to pay 100% which will be too much with NO JOB!!

Last edited:

R

Ramoth

Areem, a few questions:

1) I know your LOA was requested well in advance, but was it APPROVED?

2) Has your company offered you COBRA, and if so, why haven't you accepted it?

3) HOw long has it been since all this happened?

4) When you called the WC company and asked about the status of your claim, what did they say?

A

areem

1. LOA was approved but surprisingly when I returned to job, the signed copy was disappeared, management says they don't have it and I am given the earlier request copy which was "LOST" as per my manger and that's not the one that I had submitted! :)

2. I cannot take COBRA option as it is too high, about $ 700/- per month!

3. The fracture incedent happend 3 weeks prior to unpaid leave started.
and all these took place just beginning of this year!Mid Dec.2003 applied for LOA,Jan. 2004 fracture incedent ,came to know that LOA was lost, filled out fresh one, manager signed it and I submitted to Operations Manager, left in Feb. on unpaid leave, March LOST JOB with wrongful accusation of not following procedure.

4. Before I resume my job after retunring from my unpaid leave and call WC, I was terminated wrongfully. I am questioning injustice doen to me. That's why want to know how to approach WC? would they honour the claim? how do they compansate for my expenses? I still need to see doctor, would WC help in that?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">