• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to file work comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rubberducky5317

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ky

Ilive in Arkansa was working in Ky and my employer is based out of Tx.
I was cleaning up at the end of the night and the ballast I was throwing away snagged or got hung up on something so instead of going in dumpster felll short and landed on my hand which resulted in an open fracture of the lefft ring finger.
I told my supervisor at the door that I had hurt my finger and was going to er to get stiches.
At hospital found out there was exposed bone , was admitted , and had surgery the next day.
I was released the that evening.
My boss called later that evening and said have to have hosp drug test, I had already been released was very heavily medicated in alot of pain and assumed after alll the blood work, that what ever needed to be done was. . A few days later when asking what ortho dr to go to and how to handle billing my boss told me since I didnt go back to hosp and take drug test My employer will not file work comp and that I couldnt not file because I had not tested withing xx amount of time after injury. So now im left with lots of hospital bills and no dr will see me and i cant pay them and im off work for a month. what can i do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can do what I've told you on the other boards where you've posted this; Contact the Workers Comp division of your state directly.

What's so hard about that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">