• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do I have to e at my job after work comp?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

round 1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

Hello I've been currently been off work for about 4 months due to s back injury at my job.. They've done everything they are required to do by law like pay me and get me to the docs and ive returned have never missed a appointment or denied any request they've asked.. Anyhow recently one of my co workers who lives with me came home and stressed out because not only did he get me the job but there are a couple individuals telling people that I'm suing the company. I am not suing the company no do I want to. Apparently they thought I was because one of them was intervied by the insurance company to are if my injury was legit. Anyhow I complained to my hr person of what's been happening because suing a company is a big thing as I didn't want to think that I was.. I asked to be moved to a different shift ad not be under his supervision but all they did was move meti a different deparement. Now I'll still be under his supervision and this guy back in January of this year sent me a text calling me a lazy white boy which I found very offensive (he's Hispanic) and I showed them the text ad they still have refused to move me to a different shift.. Now since I'm going to becoming off work comp soon can I quit like a day after.. No I do not want to sue this company I just don't want to work there anymore. Can I quit without there being any reprocutions?

Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Exactly what I said. Yes. You can quit your job. There is no requirement that you have to return for any specific period of time.

And I'm a ma'am.

canhelp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

Hello I've been currently been off work for about 4 months due to s back injury at my job.. They've done everything they are required to do by law like pay me and get me to the docs and ive returned have never missed a appointment or denied any request they've asked.. Anyhow recently one of my co workers who lives with me came home and stressed out because not only did he get me the job but there are a couple individuals telling people that I'm suing the company. I am not suing the company no do I want to. Apparently they thought I was because one of them was intervied by the insurance company to are if my injury was legit. Anyhow I complained to my hr person of what's been happening because suing a company is a big thing as I didn't want to think that I was.. I asked to be moved to a different shift ad not be under his supervision but all they did was move meti a different deparement. Now I'll still be under his supervision and this guy back in January of this year sent me a text calling me a lazy white boy which I found very offensive (he's Hispanic) and I showed them the text ad they still have refused to move me to a different shift.. Now since I'm going to becoming off work comp soon can I quit like a day after.. No I do not want to sue this company I just don't want to work there anymore. Can I quit without there being any reprocutions?

Thanks
no one can forsee the future or long term effects of an action. if another employer calls for recommendation/references there is no predicting what this employer may say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">