• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hurt on the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bwebbco

I was hurt on a job site in colorado springs and do not have insurance will the home owners insurance pay for my injury?

pattytx

Generally speaking, independent contractors (I'm assuming from the scant info in your post that you are not an employee of a company that sent you to this home) should carry their own insurance.

However, were you doing this as a casual laborer, one-time-shot? Their homeowner's insurance MIGHT pay. Have you asked?

bwebbco

I just got out of the hospital from mutable surgeries. So I am starting here...I was helping another contractor on his job site.

pattytx

Again. Were you an employee of this contractor (as in taxes withheld from your pay)? This is critical to the question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">