• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hurt on the job n now fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sickntired41

California

Hi I recently hurt myself driving a vehicle for my job, is a can over box truck n I feel every bump on the road. I was recently driving on the highway n hit a huge bump n even wearing my seat belt I came off the seat n slammed back on the seat...instantly hurting my lower back.. Went to the doctors n said I have a strain..anyhow I texted my boss n he said after I'm released he he doesn't want to be responsible if it happens again.. I told him I have a solution n he says no. So he fired me..do I have grounds for legal action?

LdiJ

California

Hi I recently hurt myself driving a vehicle for my job, is a can over box truck n I feel every bump on the road. I was recently driving on the highway n hit a huge bump n even wearing my seat belt I came off the seat n slammed back on the seat...instantly hurting my lower back.. Went to the doctors n said I have a strain..anyhow I texted my boss n he said after I'm released he he doesn't want to be responsible if it happens again.. I told him I have a solution n he says no. So he fired me..do I have grounds for legal action?
Only if he is refusing to file a worker's comp claim on your behalf.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In California. Retaliatory dismissal is very much frowned upon. I would seek a consultation with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">