• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hurt at Work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dapper

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I was hurt at work 3 weeks ago and had an MRI, I have a herniation in my neck and am light duty until I see a surgeon to determine If i need surgery or not. I was in lot of pain for a week or so and was feeling better, Then I was physically attacked by a another employee last week(he was aware of my pre exsiting injury)
He head butted me and grabbed me by the shirt and shook me very hard 3 or 4 times, I reported it to my bosses and made a report with the police. I now have numbness in my fingers on one hand and my Chriopractor says that the a differnt disc is now possibly bulged...What should I do, the chriprator says I should see another doctor and maybe get another MRI to determine if any more damage has happened. would the attack be a workersmens comp claim? Are my employers responsable?
The employee who attacked me has a
past history of verbally attacking other employees and serveral are fearfull of him and avoid him.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

I'd see the doctor again. You may very well have another injury.

Did you call the police about the employee who attacked you? If not, why not? This should not be a case of workman's comp, but a case of assault.

It doesn't matter if the employee verbally assaulted other employees. The thing that matters is that he physically assaulted you. Did you get pictures of your injuries? If not, why not?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'd see the doctor again. You may very well have another injury.

Did you call the police about the employee who attacked you? If not, why not? This should not be a case of workman's comp, but a case of assault.

It doesn't matter if the employee verbally assaulted other employees. The thing that matters is that he physically assaulted you. Did you get pictures of your injuries? If not, why not?
It can (and would) likely be both.

Hot Topic

I couldn't correct this on the forum for some reason, but I went back, checked and saw that you had called the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">