• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i am no loner on w/c will they send me another check when i have sugery again on my k

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

limpgirl

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? texas

Beth3

The "title" of your post alone isn't a lot to go on but assuming we're talking about a subsequent period of disability to have surgery for a work related injury AND causation is not being contested then yes, your medical bills would be paid and lost time compensated.

Now if what you mean by "i am no longer on w/c" is that your claim has been closed and you're contemplating the possible need for surgery down the road, that's a whole different matter.

L

limpgirl

i was on w/c for a year and a half when i have my first surgery on my knee and i got my last check on july 3 now i am going to have the third surgery on my knee. i went to see a doctor that w/c sent me to and he gave me a 4% disability but my other doctor had all the paper work for an 8% disability but my workers comp adjuster said that they would go by what the doctor they sent me to said no matter what my other doctor said. i just want to know if they will be sending me a check again since i wont be able to work for a little while longer. i have not gone to my previous job because my doctor said that i cant do that job anymore because of what my job calls for me to do. i am still on the payroll or i havent been told that i dont have a job at my old job yet and my supervisor said that if they let me go he would tell me, we live in a very small town so everybody knows everybody on a first name basis. thank you for helping me.

Beth3

You need to contact your employer or the worker's comp carrier and ask them if disability benefits are going to be reinstated - nobody here can answer that question with any certainty.

Regarding the different disability ratings, it's typical for the W.C. doctor to be on the low side and the employee's own physician to be on the high side. The State has to approve any PPD and other settlements and it's not uncommon for them to split the difference, so your PPD settlement is likely (but not guaranteed) to be 6% - although if another surgery is scheduled, I don't understand why anybody is trying to determine a PPD rating just yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">