• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have almost Reached MMI. What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

falco82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico
I have almost reached MMI (maximum medical improvement). I am scheduled to see an orthopedic surgeon to schedule what seems to be inevitible at this point. Back surgery. Do I receive wages from workers comp at this point, or do I only receive them once I have the surgery or if I refuse the surgery? Thanks you

falco82

workers comp reply

Thanks for your help. And to the rude ecmst or whatever, why post if you have nothing good to say or just want to act like a jerk? You didnt have to look at my post. I am genuinely concerned about my back, as I was shot twice and broke my right leg in afghanistan. Not interested in money, just want my back fixed so I can go back and get my commission thru ocs. But thanks again

ecmst12

It's fine to have concerns and questions. Just keep all your questions about the same situation in ONE thread.

commentator

There is not enough information here to get you any kind of legitimate answer. Are you still in the military? If so all bets are off, as their worker's comp/benefits is a completely different situation.

If not, are you working for an employer and injured your back while working, an on the job injury covered by worker's comp? If back surgery is pending at this time and as you say seems inevitable, how can you possibly say that you are approaching MMI? It doesn't sound that way. Are you currently receiving anything from worker's comp?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">