• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to close medical . How do I know if the offer is fair?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needagoodanswer

I closed my case in 2009. I just had an IME preformed by the insurance companies Dr. I know they wanted to hear him say completely healed but instead he said that treatment was fair and needed. Now they want to settle. I am willing to settle. Just want to know what I should do to assure that the offer is a good one. I am 46 years old I work only partime.(cant work fulltime) I dont collect anything . No SS nothing.

Last edited:

ecmst12

Well, you could consult a lawyer. Sounds like you don't even know what they are offering. But we can't give you a number anyway, even if we knew what was wrong with you.

canhelp

I closed my case in 2009. I just had an IME preformed by the insurance companies Dr. I know they wanted to hear him say completely healed but instead he said that treatment was fair and needed. Now they want to settle. I am willing to settle. Just want to know what I should do to assure that the offer is a good one. I am 46 years old I work only partime.(cant work fulltime) I dont collect anything . No SS nothing.
you can talk to your doctor about what treatment is needed and how frequently.
you could request a print out or copy of bills paid to get an idea of the cost.
calculate it out for the length of time needed and do present value calculation.

or better yet if your state pays future medical, leave it open and then you'll always have it covered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">