• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if i quit my job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hottmamma

What is the name of your state?coLORADO
CAN I QUIT MY JOB IF I AM IN TOO MUCH PAIN ? WILL WORKMANS COMP
STILL PAY FOR MY MEDICAL TREATMENT ? WHAT CAN I DO ? I HURT TO BAD TO WORK AND MY BOSS SEEMS NOT TO CARE WHAT KIND OF PAIN I AM IN
OR HOW I AM GETTING ALONG ? PLEASE HELP ME :mad: :(

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please stop typing in all caps. It makes your post very hard to read and is considered shouting on the Internet. We didn't do it; please don't shout at us.

If your workers comp claim has been accepted, your medical bills will still be paid if you quit. Beth can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it WOULD affect any claim for lost wages you may have. In other words, while they would still pay for any doctor's visits, Rx bills, etc., you would not be eligible to have any wages paid. Nor would you likely be eligible for unemployment since it is VERY rare that quitting your job qualifies you for UI benefits.

Bottom line, unless your doctor is willing to state that you are not medically able to work AND your worker comp carrier accepts that, while your medical bills would still be paid you would not have any income.

hottmamma

sry

sry bout the caps .. ok what if my claim is on a temporary denial due to workmans comp waiting for more doctor records ? will they stop the claim and have me pay for them ? will they continue the claim and possible pay for them ? the workmans comp doctor here is no good . i called to tell him i needed to see him because i was in alot of pain and the office told me that in order for them to see me my employer has to call and ok it so i was just gonna go to the e. r room and see what they say but i couldnt make out cause i was in to much pain .. i really dont know what i am suppose to do :(

Beth3

Quitting your job will have no effect on the employer's liability for your WC claim. Assuming they accept liability once they receive the medical records they're waiting for, then your medical bills will be covered. Whether any lost time from work will be compensated depends on whether a doctor has authorized you to be off work.

What I don't know is what Colorado WC regulations dictate regarding an employee's ability to see a doctor of their choice. Some States limit the employee to seeing only the employer's doctor for an initial period of time; some allow the employee to make the decision.

I suggest you contact Colorado's Worker's Compensation Division and ask them if you can see any doctor or must see the one your employer wants you to see. In the short term, I see no benefit to you quitting your job. For one thing, if your WC claim is denied, you'll need to submit those bills to your employer's group health plan assuming you have insurance benefits where you work. If you quit, you'll lose your insurance.

hottmamma

my job has no benefits

my job gives us no benefits and i am seeing the doctor that they suggested but their doctor wont see me unless someone authorizes it and when i am in alot of pain i have to be contacting my employer to say its ok for me to go .i cant work because i am in pain and i called today to see if the doc would see me so i could tell him and see if he can give me some pain meds that would work and wont put me to sleep i have doctor excuses for the time i was off work but they still have not paid any loss wages to me and in colorado its a requirement

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">