• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illness at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gabrielavilla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Last week, I wasn't feeling good at work. I told the manager on duty that I was not feeling good. I her to let me go home but she declined. After about an hour and a half, my co-workers were telling me that I didn't look good. After asking her a third time to let me go home she once again declined. A few minutes later I passed out and was taken to the emergency room. Now I have a 9,000 USD hospital bill. Should my employer be held responsible? I am a waitress and work for a large restaurant chain.

justalayman

how is your employer respnsible for the bill? Are you saying that if you went home you would not have been ill any longer? That you would not have passed out?

What was the diagnosis at the hospital?

lex_advoc

Confer

In some way your employer may have some liability. But saying directly that your ER can be directly liable and responsible for your medical bills is not all too safe to assume. There may be employment law infractions committed that needs to be ventilated. Why don't you confer with a lawyer to give proper light to your predicaments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">