• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm wondering what is going to happen.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teaflora

My brother who has recently passed away has a pending case with Worker's Compensation. Worker's Compensation lawyer has subpoenaed my mom and I to a deposition for my brother. My brother has a lawyer working on his pending case, however he hasn't been helpful in answering any of our questions. He told me that we wouldn't get any kind of death benefit because neither one of us were my brother's dependents. He never mentioned anything about going to this deposition or accrued benefits that might get awarded to my brother's estate. And, since I live in another state, my brother's lawyer never mentioned that my travel expense would be taken care of by the Worker's Compensation lawyer.
This is really frustrating. I want to know more of what's going on. Does anyone know?

ecmst12

Since you are not the next of kin, the outcome of the case is not really your business. I'm curious what they think you can add to the case since you don't even live nearby. You will have to ask the lawyer about your travel expenses.

teaflora

I should have included that I'm the successor trustee and the beneficiary of his trust, and I'm the executrix and beneficiary of his estate. That's why I was subpoenaed to the deposition. My travel arrangements were already made by the worker's compensation lawyer.

boomer mitra

why dont you change your lawyer. see, I know that having brother as lawyer saves money but money shouldn't be the primary goal of yours. you want to get pure justice right?

Country Living

boomer is just flapping his jaw on several threads. Your thread just happened to be one of them. His village is looking for him.

teaflora

I hope his village finds him soon. I still don't have an answer to my question. I guess I'll soon find out first hand. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">