• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Informal hearing question HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zacksmom01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT
I live in CT, I was hurt in Jan. of 09. I have been on workers comp since then, I am pro se(representing myself) the insurance company and myself reached a final settlement agreement, which we both agreed on. I know that settling waves my rights, and the lump sum of money is it and I am ok with that. My question is I received a letter from workers comp comm. today for an informal hearing. What can I expect at this hearing? Will this be the end, because the insurance and myself have agreed to settle and on the amount? Please help, I am scared and confused, as of yet, I have been representing myself fine so far. Any advise???

pattytx

If you're confused, maybe acting pro se hasn't been that "fine" after all. For an injury that has caused you to be not able to work for more than a year and a half, you would be well served to have an attorney NOW, if not a year ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">