• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured back on the job, can I sue my employeer for negligence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

onecubed

I have been injured on the job; one bulging disk that is creating horrendous pain and diminished strength in my right leg. What happed: I tripped on a broken floor tile, (one that had been broken and complained about for over a year), slipped on some water from a leaking roof, twisted and landed on my butt. I have had an x-ray, MRI showing the bulging disk, and an epidural steroid injection at the site L5-S1. I have not had any success with PT and the pain is persistent.

Can I sue my employer who carries workman's comp, for negligence? I have been told that most likely I will need surgery. Is there any way to get compensated for a lifelong injury? Can I sue workman's comp without a lawyer for perminent impairment?

Help...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Workers comp is almost certainly your sole remedy. You don't get to have workers comp pick up your bills and sue the employer too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">