• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured at work about 2 years ago, still hurting...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sarahann6333

What is the name of your state? California

November 18th, 2004 I was injured at work. I fell off a ladder and I received a bulging disc in my back from the accident. I went to physical therapy and an orthopedic surgeon and they worked with me and told me I would have the pain associated with my injury for the rest of my life. My physical therapy stopped because I missed 2 weeks of therapy since I had moved out my mom's place and I was in a bad situation. I didn't know that I had to consistently go to the therapy to stay on it. I only had so many appointments and I was saving them for when I was in real pain, needless to say the physical therapy place didn't think that way.

I had to go to the ER for pain killer shots during my physical therapy because I could not even get of bed with all of the pain I had. I've had to become accustomed to the pain. The last time I had to get shots was June 2005.

Fast forward to now and I recently had a baby girl and my back still hurts along with my hip. My hip is affected because the leg jammed into the socket when I fell.

What I want to know is, can I file to get physical therapy again, get disability, or sue the workplace for compensation? The worker doesn't return my phone calls and I never received a letter saying my workmans comp was over. I would much rather have no pain than money, but since I have the pain and it affects me at work I need something. I assume there are statute limitations, please help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can investigate whether or not you can re-open your claim, although I can't say from what you've posted whether you'll be successful or not. Whether or not you can receive disability will depend on whether or not you are eligible based on the terms of any disability policy you may be covered under. You cannot sue your employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">