• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured at work, boss says "sorry but...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joeyT

What is the name of your state? Florida

Cut my wrist at work, cut into a nerve and will require surgery, numbness in 75% of 2 fingers...

"boss" was there and saw it happen, claims as we wait for the ambulance that I am an 'officer' of the company, therefore there is NO workers compensation coverage for me...I've read the officer of the company articles and although I am a partner with him in a seperate location (franchise) I was clearly working for him on that day at an hourly rate, this is undsiputable. I'm afraid my health insurance is going to deny me because I was "on the job"? We were making a home improvement at a residential location. Who's insurance to I proceed against?

Beth3

I don't know if the boss's statement was accurate or not but you should file a WC claim with your employer and make sure they send a first report of injury to their WC carrier. Then see what happens and proceed from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">