• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injured at wrk but temp staffing employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leilamilan

I didn't know how to post here but my son works at a steel pipe company and he uses a machine that bends the pipes, he was setting up his machine when his thumb got caught on the part that bends the pipes and "popped" his finger. He was taken by a supervisor to a company approved clinic where they stitch his finger. This happened on a Friday, on Monday he had an appointment at the same clinic so he didn't go to work, during the day his supervisor called to find out if he was going back to work or if he was going to be out all week and I told him that he was going back to work the next day which is today. He said that he rather him being at work doing anything than him being home not getting paid. My son is about to have a baby so he can't afford to miss days but he is at work and they have him cleaning around the property since he can't work with the machine but now he is in pain and don't know what to do because he took a doctor's note that says he is allowed to go back to work from the company's clinic but his hand is bandaged up and he is in pain. The problem is that he has been working in this company but thru a temp staffing agency so we don't know if he has any rights we don't even think he's getting paid for the day that he missed to go to the following up appointment yesterday

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">