• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury led to my layoff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brumich

What is the name of your state? Wash.

I was injured Dec. 2002 while at work,A month prior myself and others were told we were going to
be transferred in Jan. 2003 to different jobs to avoid being laidoff. Thru the month of Jan. I was emailing back and forth with my supervisor since I was recovering at home to find where they are going to send me, He told me they were actively looking for job for me but then imformed me that I
wouldnt be going anywhere because I was on leave.
As it turns out they found everyone jobs(40 people) and transferred them to new locations, and they gave me a warn notice to be laid off. Just doesnt seem right I should be excluded from an opportunity
because of an on the job injury and not even allowed time to heal. This was 15 years with the same company (Boeing). My union and the Human rights commission just pencil whipped my complaints.Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on what to do or maybe a good lawyer. Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">