• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury at work -- Airline..Help!! What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skdigi

What is the name of your state? WI

I work for an airline and recently hurt my tailbone badly when I hit the jumpseat while cleaning the galley. I notified my supervisor the next day by filling out the appropriate workmans comp paperwork. I returned back to work the next day becaues I figured I just bruised it and it would get better. Five days later it still hurts and I am seeing a doctor tomorrow.
From what I'm hearing, this could be a permanant injury...not something that doctors can really treat well, other than medication.

I realize that if you file for workmans comp you waiver your right to sue for pain and suffering...and from the sounds of it, I could be suffering from this injury for some time...should I not file for reimbursment for the docs appt because it will waive my right??? Could I sue them for something like this? This could affect my day to day life now. :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

skdigi said:
What is the name of your state? WI

I work for an airline and recently hurt my tailbone badly when I hit the jumpseat while cleaning the galley. I notified my supervisor the next day by filling out the appropriate workmans comp paperwork. I returned back to work the next day becaues I figured I just bruised it and it would get better. Five days later it still hurts and I am seeing a doctor tomorrow.
From what I'm hearing, this could be a permanant injury...not something that doctors can really treat well, other than medication.

I realize that if you file for workmans comp you waiver your right to sue for pain and suffering...and from the sounds of it, I could be suffering from this injury for some time...should I not file for reimbursment for the docs appt because it will waive my right??? Could I sue them for something like this? This could affect my day to day life now. :confused:

My response:

If this injury occurred during the "course and scope" of your employment, then Worker's Compensation is your ONLY alternative. You can't sue your employer - - that's why there is Worker's Compensation.

Make an appointment to consult with a Worker's Compensation attorney on Monday.

IAAL

Beth3

"I realize that if you file for workmans comp you waiver your right to sue for pain and suffering" That is incorrect. It is not an "either - or" choice. WC is your ONLY recourse.

Before you jump to the conclusion you have a permanent injury, see the doctor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">