• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injuy off and on the job over a year ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WalkerAr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas. this is the story. one Friday after work I went to cash my pay check and when I was getting out of the car I felt a sharp pain in my back, I took some otc pain releiver and went to bed that night and the next morning could barley get out of bed couldn't stand up strait. Thought it would go away it did not so went to my doctor and found out I has a slipped disc was out of work for three weeks started to feel much better and went back to work took it easy just I case. Then one day a work I was mixing a bucket of caulking and the drill jerked and the stabbing pain returned and I could not stand up and went home early the next morning I went back to work when I got to the office was told I had to see the company doctor before returning to work and spent most of that day at the doctors office worked a couple of day after that and went on medical leave. Do I have a workmans comp claim?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That's a question to ask your workers comp carrier. They have the only vote that counts.

commentator

The part about "over a year ago" is what I find very confusing. So you had the first slipped disc (not a work injury) over a year ago, and then when, how long ago was the second episode? If it happened on the job and you reported it immediately, as you said you did, and saw the company's doctor and were put off work that sounds very much like a worker's comp case, a work related injury where you had exacerbation of an existing condition due to a work activity. Particularly if it was to the same disc that you had hurt previously. But how long ago did the second injury happen? What do you mean, do you have a worker's comp case? You either do or you do not and you pretty much should know by now. Incidentally, there's no such thing as getting an attorney and going back and suing the company for the first injury based on the second one or anything like that. Your company's worker's comp carrier will treat you and reimburse you based on their very strict guidelines for the type and severity of the injury, and you likely won't be able to get any more if you hire someone to negotiate for you. But this is quite confusing. You should KNOW whether or not you are being paid by and treated through worker's comp at this point. What does your company's HR say about it? And of course the worker's comp carrier?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">