• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ins Co requesting deposition 6 years after injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

renatm

What is the name of your state? california
i was injured at work in 1999. tripped over computer wires and ripped meniscus in my knee. had surgery in 2000. now, in 2005, i am being requested by the insurance company lawyers to fill out a job analysis and attend a deposition then see an AME. can anyone tell me

#1 what is the purpose of a job analysis and how it affects my settlement? i no longer work for the company, nor does anyone they will interview there know me or what my job duties were back then.

#2 what is the purpose of deposing me 6 years after the incident?

#3 they scheduled a deposition with the QME, then cancelled it. they now require me to see an AME. what is the difference between the QME's opinion and the AME's opinion?

As a point of interest, my original rating on my injured knee was 69% by the state based on the QME's report. the insurance company feels this is too high of a rating, and feels the QME was unknowledgable in writing a worker's comp report. I have been unrepresented for 6 years but now feel i can't go to a deposition unrepresented.

any advise and answers to the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

e3mrk

Ohio.You need to speak with a attorney ASAP as the Co.insurance people are not on your side and most likely want to try to reduce or cancell your benifits.

JustDream

Consult an Attorney!

First I would not give them anything without consulting with a lawyer. I am not a "get a lawyer and sue their pants off" type of person. I would normally say get a lawyer as a last resort but it sounds like the insurance co is trying to get out of paying you! A deposition after 6 yrs is crazy.

I am only breifly familiar with CA WC rules and regulations The way I understand it is the QME is certified by the state division of Worker's Compensation. How could he/she not know how to write a WC report and be certified by WC! Again, I think the insurance is just trying to get out of paying you! The AME is agreed upon by the injured worker's attorney and the insurance co. If you are not represented I don't know how they have selected an AME. If I was in your shoes I would contact an Information and Assistance Officer to find out what you can do about this. They can also tell you how to find a qualified attorney. They are goverment employees and their services are free. You can find your local office under the Goverment section of your phone book white pages then look under Industral Relations then Workers Comp.

Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">