• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance company refuses to pay bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilhop

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have a situation where my 17 year old son went to the doctor for bronchitis. He had some other symptoms and the doctor asked him if he had any type of head injury. My son told him a cup rack fell on his head when he was at work, but it wasn't hard so he didn't report it to the manager. The doctor suggested getting an x-ray to make sure there was no problem. When he went to get he x-ray the receptionist asked him how he got the injury and he told her the rack fell on his head. The receptionist coded it as a workman's compensation claim and the insurance company will not pay. The x-ray office will not change the coding stating it would be fraud. What can I do?

weenor

Get a local w/c lawyer in your area to file a claim with the insurer or to at least look at the case. The insurer is refusing to pay because the employer did not receive proper notice of the accident. Son needs to go the employer and get an accident report filled out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">