• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance company wont pay bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikeymal

What is the name of your state? Illinois... I was injured on the job and have two back surgeries and havent worked in over 3 years. The insurance conpany paid all the bills except for $110.00. We just found out we were turned over to a collection agency and the unpaid bill will go onto our credit rating. Isnt the insurance company required to pay 100% of all medical bills? If so what recource do we have now?

Beth3

Have you called the employer and asked about this bill? Have you called the WC carrier and asked about this bill? Are you sure it was submitted to the WC carrier? Have you sent them a copy of this bill yourself to make sure they received it?

If you've just let the past due notice arrive month after month without doing anything to alert the employer or WC carrier to the problem, it's not a surprise that it's being turned over to collection. Not all medical providers submit their bills to the employer or carrier, especially if it's a "supplier" to a primary medical provider such as an outside lab, in which case they wouldn't even have the insurance information.

Mikeymal

Beth3, Yes all the bills were turned over to the insurance company. They told my attorney that all the bills were taken care of. I had called the companies that the bills were from and they said thay they get no response fron the insurance company. The insurance co. paid all but 95% of the outstanding bills but refuse to pay the rest. There goes our credit rating !!!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Next question: WHY are they refusing to pay it? What reason have they given for the fact that this bill is not being paid?

Mikeymal

Thanks for the reply They will not respond to any questions i cant figure them out they paid 95% but refuse to pay the rest?? Mike

Beth3

You may contact the three major credit bureaus

Equifax 1-800-525-6285
Experian 1-888-397-3742
Trans Union 1-800-680-7289

and have them make a notation on your credit report as to why these bills are not paid and why they have been turned over to collection. That won't solve the problem but at least the explanation will show up on your credit report and minimize the damage.

If these bills are due to your work injury and the WC carrier won't pay them or give you an explanation as to why, then contact your State's Worker's Compensation Division and file a complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">