• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jsut want a new job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mistyinfla

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? florida ok..its been a month and a half since i filed claim for repetitive stress believed to be work related. finally saw a dr. 2 weeks ago.he said not likely work related,and i can work no restrictions. but my employer says cant come back until i have the emg and nerve test done, which is scheduled for next thurs. meanwhile. i took a management job with no stress to that arm.however, i am not happy there because now i am required to start waiting tables for 3 days a week. my question.. i have a new job prospect as a pharmacy tech. do i need to disclose this open w/c case. at this point i just want to be done with w/c since i havent recieved any mony for lost time and i will have medical ins with new co. and will one day use that to cover any treatment.my problem hasnt worsened but not better.how do i get out of this w/c thing since everything i read here is coming true for me.what a mess...

Beth3

No, you don't need to disclose your open WC claim to any prospective employers nor any older "closed" WC claims either. It's none of their business. The only thing a prospective employer is entitled to ask about during the recruiting process is whether you're physically able to perform all the duties associated with the job. If yes, end of story. If no, then they may need to go down the ADA/reasonable accommodation path depending on the specifics but WHY you are unable to do a certain part of the job is not at issue.

tjr5150

this is just a shot in the dark but if your claim go through and they are paying you and you take another job your w/c pay might be cut in half or less if you make more than they pay you then they will stop...i know every stae is different but that is a possibity

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">