• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just had a review?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlee19841

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA, It has been about a year since my injury back in dec. 20/2010. Im still currently out of work and i just got a recent mri showing that the disc herniation is getting a lot worse. I spoke with numerous doctors and they all said i should look into a form of surgery. I also recently just had a independent exam review done by a doctor that workers comp. set me up with. My question is, is their anything i should be worried about now since getting the review and it being so long since the injury and I'm still collecting workers comp. benefits. Just don't want them to try and stop my benefits out of no where. The doctor that did the exam told my lawyer to find a good surgeon so im guessing that the doctor that did the exam found something?Also is this a good time to speak to my lawyer about some type of settlement with workers comp?

Last edited:

W

Willlyjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA, It has been about a year since my injury back in dec. 20/2010. Im still currently out of work and i just got a recent mri showing that the disc herniation is getting a lot worse. I spoke with numerous doctors and they all said i should look into a form of surgery. I also recently just had a independent exam review done by a doctor that workers comp. set me up with. My question is, is their anything i should be worried about now since getting the review and it being so long since the injury and I'm still collecting workers comp. benefits. Just don't want them to try and stop my benefits out of no where. The doctor that did the exam told my lawyer to find a good surgeon so im guessing that the doctor that did the exam found something?Also is this a good time to speak to my lawyer about some type of settlement with workers comp?
The last thing you should be thinking about now is a settlement! You should be more concerned about getting proper treatment with which to get better. It appears surgery may be necessary, so you need to consult with your doctors and decide if it is for you. You are not MMI at this time, so until then, you shouldn't be thinking about settling this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">