• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

knowing nothing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cgl55

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? nevada

in july of 2004 i fell from roof of house i was doing some work on subsequently being transported to hospital by ambulance. the folowing day they removed 3 cervical disks and put plate in hopeing for bone fusion (sorry for lame descriptions). i have been recieving compensation last 4 mnths along with rehab 3 times a week.3 weeks ago after constant complaining of pain i was sent to a diff doctor who had an mri done. last week i was informed that the pain is caused by a torn tendon in shoulder associated with fall and am beinf sent yet to another dr for this surgury. while seeing this dr i mentione wc had told me i no longer needed to see my old dr. so i asked who was going to be taking xrays of my neck progress the way old dr was. new dr took xrays and said there is still movement in the neck and fusion did not take place and to be prepared to have more surgury on it.i gueess what im wondering is dr also released me for sedementry work which i understand is sitting down work .i informed employer and they stated no positions avaiable.what my concern is is after i get healed up i have always been a physical worker getting paid by the work performed on commision basis.the way i feel now i dont think ill ever be capable of the physical work ive always been able to do so therefore my way of living will be highly compromised..im not even sure i can do the climbing i once did do. im not sure of further wc proceedings but have read about settlement. can someone explain just when settlement occurs and what that consists of. By the way im a 49 year old male that currently feels like 100.is a lawyer at this point neccessary? as by reading i think they charge 33% here and it would sure hurt to loose 33% of my weekly benifets at this time.

BlondiePB

Most w/c attorneys will provide you with a free consultation. Interview several that do only w/c and ask your questions regarding settlement, etc.

Also, look on line in your state statutes to see if there is a statute about attorneys NOT taking any percent of benefits that you have acquired by yourself. If NV has such a statute, an attorney cannot claim any percent of the w/c wages you are now receiving. Should you decide to hire a w/c attorney, have an addendum added to your contract stating that your checks come directly to you as they are now so doing.

K

ktswitz

lawyers cant touch bi-weekly maintanance checks

most w/c attorneys take a % off your lump some settelement at the end of your claim

Beth3

cgl, it sounds like it would be worthwhile consulting with a WC attorney. (Sorry but I don't know what the statutory compensation requirement is for WC attorneys in Nevada.) Among other things, you may be eligible for vocational rehabilitiation and/or loss of future earning capacity depending on any permanent impairment you may be left with. A local WC attorney is in the best position to advise you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">