• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nanaof3xxx

mass. I work for a warehouse and was recently seen by a dr. for a pinched nerve in my back. i have to recieve treatment from another dr. and was put on restriction to lift no more than 20 lbs. upon going to work i was told i had to go home because of my restrictions. the company will not allow me to work unless my restrictions are gone. Can they do this? Can they place me somewhere else in the company ? This is not work related so i don't have to collect compensation. please help me?

Last edited:

Beth3

Can they do this? Yes. They have no obligation to provide a light duty job for you if you are unable to perform the duties of your regular job.

Can they place me somewhere else in the company ? If they have work available that you are qualified to perform, yes, if they wish to. They are not required to however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">