• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loss of property while working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nikimw

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi,

I am an outside sales rep and was at a sales appointment yesterday. While visiting the client, someone used a brick to break into my car and stole my purse from underneath my seat. I use my own vehicle for work. The estimated value of the contents is $800 plus I need to have my car window repaired. My HR department has told me to contact my auto insurance company. However, I have learned that personal property is NOT covered under auto insurance. I assumed that my employer would be responsible for replacing my stolen property since it happened while I was working. Are they not??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Beth3

Unless CA has an extremely unusual reg on this, no. Nobody required you to leave your purse in your car; that was your choice.

M

Meursault

That's why people have personal property insurance :D

Now if Beth could just get Colleen to get off her butt and LISTEN the world would be a better place and we'd all sit around the campfire singing Happy songs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">