• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

McDonald, I quit the job, and later when I went to get a check they lowered my salary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

g-691

What is the name of your state? FL

I was working at McDonalds and, I had 5.7/h, after few weeks I decided to quit. so i did. week later I showed up to get a check, and on a way home I noticed that they lowered my salary from 5.7 to 5.15
Isnt in FL the minium wage at 5.25?

I know that its not a lot money, but they cheated on me. What can I do, or how to sue them. How can I start the case against them?

racer72

Have you called and found out why? Thats usually a lot easier than spending a couple hundred dollars on a small claims suit you don't even know you will win.

G

g-691

im going there on tuesday, i'll request a written explanation why my salary went down without any explanation

B

Besideherself

If you received less than the minimum wage for your state, you should contact the Wage Commission and report this incident. The most you could expect to get would be the difference between what you received, and minimum wage.

I doubt that you will be able to recover your usual salary. McDonald's (and all large corporations) have big-time attorneys at their beck and call. It wouldn't be worth it to you, financially, to sue them. It would cost you more than the difference in your pay.

However, if you qualify for Legal Aid (which is free, if you qualify... check the Legal Aid Bureau in the phone book), they may be able to help you get your full salary check.

Beth3

Federal minimum wage is presently $5.15. I couldn't find anything to the contrary on FL's DOL web site and as FL has elected to mirror federal reg's in almost everything, chances are that's the minimum wage in Florida too.

The actual issue here would seem to be that you were not notified in advance about the wage decrease, which is required by the FLSA. Your employer is free to reduce your wages but you must be informed of that before you start working any hours at the lesser rate.

I suggest you contact the federal Department of Labor to discuss this and file a complaint.202-693-4650

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">