• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

Just received some papers from Insurance company stating that they want me to sign a paper giving them and my employer full access to my medical records. It states that there is no date limitation which I guess means that they can go back as far as they want?
I am wondering if this is ok to do. Why should I sign this? And do I have to?
I don't think my employer has a right to this**************.
Please advise if anyone knows or has been through this...
I don't know what to do.

Thanks**************.

rmet4nzkx

Is there a rewson this is happening, such as an applicaiton for FMLA or worker's comp? What exatly does the release say?

So Sorry, I forgot to say it was a workers comp case. I have been on workers comp since Nov. 2005 with a torn medial meniscus in left knee. Was just fitted with leg brace.
The workers comp insurance company has been paying me with no problem.
I know they are entitled to all medical records from the doctor who has been treating me, but why do they want me to sign and give them permission and my employer full access to all medical records without no date limitaion.
Hope this helps better explain.

weenor

ChattiPatti said:
So Sorry, I forgot to say it was a workers comp case. I have been on workers comp since Nov. 2005 with a torn medial meniscus in left knee. Was just fitted with leg brace.
The workers comp insurance company has been paying me with no problem.
I know they are entitled to all medical records from the doctor who has been treating me, but why do they want me to sign and give them permission and my employer full access to all medical records without no date limitaion.
Hope this helps better explain.

Since you filed a workers' compensation claim against your employer, you employer and its designated representatives (i.e. the insurance company) are entitled to get those medical records to make sure you did not suffer from a congenital or pre-existing condition. In other words they have the right to make sure your current treatment is only related to the work accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">