• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a medical review document?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlee19841

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

Hello, to make a long story short. I got injured at work I've been out for 6 months now. I have a herniated disc, and 3 bulging disc's. I also had a emg done and have a problem with a nerve in my back as well. Well i have had 3 sets of shots through out 5 months and I have been going to physical therapy since the injury happened. So fast forward to today Sat. I received some paper work from the bureau of worker's compensation. It says on the top notice of assignment of utilization review request. Now in lament terms does that mean that they want to review my worker's comp. case.

mlee19841

They wrote on the back of the letter that they want to review my chiropractic treatment from 7/20/11 and ongoing. But i find it weird since i start going to physical theraphy and seeing the chiropractor around the first week of jan. 2010? I started to go 3 times a week back in Jan. till now. Is it that they don't want to pay them anymore.

ecmst12

They want to see whether you are still making progress and improving after treating for all this time. If you haven't made any progress in a while, they may either want you to escalate to more aggressive treatment (if medically recommended) or state that you have reached maximum medical improvement (you are as good as you are going to get whether you continue treatment or not) and stop treatment. It sounds like they don't want a medical evaluation at this time, they just want to review your records.

mlee19841

thanks for the info. When i was reviewed by one of the doctors that gave me spinal injections for my back he listed me as a 66% out of 100. Now is that a good thing i really dont understand the whole disability point of view.

ecmst12

Disability percentage does not matter if you are still treating and improving. It only matters when they determine you have reached maximum improvement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">