• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom hurt at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lookout_mom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

Im posting this for my mom because she isn't to computer savvy!! Anyway,back in April,my mom sliped in some water at work and hurt her back..She has been out ever since and has been going through physical therapy and taking some shots in her back.None of the treatment is helping..So she went to the Back DR today and he said surgery is her only option..They are going to install 2 metal rods in her back and also take bone from one part of her body and put it in her back.I think bone grafting..She is very scared to go through with the back surgery.Workers comp has been paying for everything no questions asked..She is thinking of getting a lawyer,but she doesn't know why she might need one..Should she get a lawyer and file a lawsuit against her employer? Any advice is needed..Thank you in advance..What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

With that serious of an of injury, of course she should have a Work Comp lawyer to represent her interests. However, unless this is a case of the injury being caused by gross negligence on the part of the employer, there is no lawsuit. With that one exception, Work Comp is the sole remedy for an injured worker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">