• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

multiple injurys, different states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brnstorm

What is the name of your state? Pa & NJ

I was injured working for Lowe's in NJ. I fell from a ladder, went to their local doc, who sent me to hospital. I had a concussion ( loss of consciousness, amnesia), and pain in my left wrist and right foot, in addition to personality issues, anger nand argumentativeness. When I went back to him, he tried to send me for therapy and evaluation but was told that Lowe's had denied my W/C claim. Lowe's subsequently fired me. I got a new job 4 months later in PA, and was subsequently injured in a freak accident, and received a second concussion. Now each state is claiming the injury stems from the other state. I saw an IME from NJ 2 weeks before the second injuury. His diagnosis was a concussion, but I should get better with time, no treatment indicated. All complaints, besides the personality, were motor skill related, i.e., my left hand did not follow direction, and my words were inverted in speech and writing. The second injury caused more severe damage, memory loss short term, and difficulty with sequencing.

Complicating matters is the Left arm injury has been diagnosed by the NJ assigned doc as a neck injury, pain traveling down, in addition to actual injury to my wrist.

Now the NJ insurer has refused to pay for the treatments and tests that their doctor ordered, has refused to treat my left foot, or head injury.

The PA insurer has refused all treatment, blaming the NJ injury.

I have a NJ lawyer, my second, as the first did noting at all, the second turned out worse, but the fellow representing me now is a partner in the firm, and says he'll pursue getting me treatment.

I have no money, and no insurance now. I cannot afford my own doctor. What should I do? The neurologist who saw me for the PA injury reported that the injury was greater than expected precisely because it was a second concussion. He sent me for cognitive testing, and then therapy. The PA IME after a five minute exam (a short talk) declared me fit and ready to work. He did no testing. I still have issues and am receiving treatment.

What can you suggest as to getting this resolved in either or both states?

Beth3

You are dealing with a complicated legal/WC situation. You really need to rely upon your current attorney to sort this out. I imagine it's going to end up at a WC hearing with one or both of the States and the employers involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">