• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Company DIdn't Pay me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dipti_hati

I am H1-B COnsultant , My H1-B holder didn't pay me for Last two moths of work I did because I left the company.

I contacted DOL of WA(State of washington) as my employer is located there but I stay in NJ.

I want take go to court against them because I don't see anything coming out of DOL (Dept of Labor).

Please advice.

Beth3

How long has it been since you filed the complaint with the DOL? Have you followed up with them to check on the status of your complaint?

racer72

dipti_hati said:
I am H1-B COnsultant , My H1-B holder didn't pay me for Last two moths of work I did because I left the company.

I contacted DOL of WA(State of washington) as my employer is located there but I stay in NJ.

I want take go to court against them because I don't see anything coming out of DOL (Dept of Labor).

Please advice.

The DOL in Washington is the Department of Licensing. They issue driver's licenses etc. If that is who you contacted they cannot help you at all. You want the Department of Labor and Industries. If you worked in your state, not Washington, DL&I won't help you. You will have to contact your state's Department of Labor.

dipti_hati

It is more than 4 months , I inquired about the case yesterday and it seems the employee is not cooperating with DOL and I was told I may not get any compensastion.

1) This employer didn't pay for last two months I worked for him.

2) Didn't give my legal docs(H1-B copy) (I kept asking for it and they delayed it for some reason or orther)

3) Didn't give me my Health care Cobra Information after I left.

Please help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">